ReliabilityHow we maintain the reliability of our products and systems
We know that our customers not only expect our products and services to be available to them when they need them – they also need to rely on our products and services even when the unexpected occurs. That is why we have built out redundant processes, standards, and recovery systems to restore services as quickly as possible.
- Verkada Command is primarily hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and leverages the reliability controls of AWS Data Centers . Verkada adheres to the design principles and best practices outlined in the Reliability Pillar of the AWS Well-Architected Framework .
- Verkada cloud infrastructure may recover from infrastructure or service disruptions by dynamically acquiring computing resources to meet demand, and mitigate disruptions, such as misconfigurations or transient network issues. Configuration is managed by configuration-as-code and automation for change management.
- Customer data stored in Verkada’s cloud infrastructure using AWS S3 or Backblaze has a data durability of at least 99.999999999%.
- Verkada has and maintains business continuity and incident response plans to quickly address a business interruption or security incident and minimize the impact to customers. We test these plans at least annually to reveal and address any gaps, using both tabletop exercises and hands-on-keyboard tests.
- Verkada performs regular backups of customer data and retains them in accordance with a predefined schedule in the Information Security Policy and continuously backs up camera video in the cloud when the camera cloud backups feature is enabled. This process creates necessary redundancy to minimize the risk of data loss and quickly recover files and data in the event of an outage, system error, or natural disaster.