Since launching commercially two years ago, Verkada has become the leading hybrid surveillance vendor for over 2,500 organizations including Goodwill, Equinox, World Oil Corp, and Halifax Health, as well as twenty-five global Fortune 500 companies.
With the emergence of new video security technology, many have asked, "What does Verkada do, and why are industry leaders replacing their CCTV systems with hybrid cloud camera systems?"
At the surface, Verkada appears to be a camera manufacturer that operates its devices on a user-friendly software. But any Security, IT, or Facilities professional that gets their hands on a 30-day trial camera (which is offered completely risk-free), quickly understands the value, and promise, of Verkada's future-proof technology.
At its core, Verkada solves a series of decade-old surveillance problems:
Unmanageable video management systems (VMS)
Bandwidth consumption of internet connected cameras
Evolving cybersecurity threats
Inability to reliably access footage remotely
Limited local & cloud storage retention
To overcome these challenges, Verkada designed a scalable solution that utilizes local and cloud storage, removing many of the limitations associated with CCTV and cloud camera systems. Best of all, Verkada's web-based platform delivers a consumer-like experience that allows technical (and non-technical) users to scale security without a learning curve.
To learn more, check out the first installment of our “Why Verkada” video series, where we cover the following benefits:
Ease of Use (0:60 Video)
• Find footage quickly with advanced people and vehicle search filters
• Save, share, and export footage without any additional software
• Securely share live camera feeds via SMS or direct link in seconds
Secure by Default (0:60 Video)
• Eliminate NVR vulnerabilities associated with port forwarding
• Leverage AWS to store video footage securely and redundantly
• Automatic security updates protect data from emerging threats
Secure, Remote Access (0:60 Video)
• Enable remote accessibility without technical configurations
• Centralize management onto one web-based platform
• Find, share, and archive footage from any device or browser
Bandwidth Friendly (0:60 Video)
• Scale coverage effortlessly without impacting your network footprint
• Stream video locally without sending footage to the cloud
• Get reliable performance in areas with limited connectivity
Hybrid Cloud Storage (0:60 Video)
• Eliminate NVRs, DVRs or any other on-premise video recorder
• Remove any single point of failure with local and cloud recording
• Reliably store footage with unlimited cloud archiving
If you’re interested in experiencing the benefits of Verkada’s solution first-hand, get started with a free 30-day trial today (we cover shipping both ways).