Today, we are excited to announce our new
integration with Schlage electronic locks
to expand access control deeper into buildings. By supporting the Schlage AD and Engage Series wireless locks, organizations can bring more doors onto Verkada’s cloud-based platform to increase control and visibility, while simplifying building management at scale.
How Organizations Can Leverage the Integration
- Unified Security Infrastructure: Easily manage all physical security behind a single pane of glass — including cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, and visitor management.
- Simplify Access Control Management: View and manage Access Control Units in Schlage mode and Schlage doors alongside their other doors.
- Easily Set Up, Configure, and Use: No proprietary device is needed to set up wireless locks, which are easily configured and centrally managed on Command’s intuitive web interface.
Scaling Cloud-Based Access Control with Wireless Locks
The integration with the
Schlage Engage Series
(NDEB, NDE, and LE) includes wireless locks support, so doors can be secured with
Verkada Access Control
without having to be wired or rewired.
This integration opens up opportunities to improve control over low-traffic or unwired interior doors leading into offices, classrooms, and storage areas. Once locks are installed, doors are easily configured and managed on Command, Verkada’s cloud-based software platform, where administrators can remotely unlock doors, check access events, and streamline incident resolution by tying them with Verkada devices.
“Cameras and access control are natively integrated, so we can easily view video footage alongside any door event. This makes it easier and faster to investigate and resolve incidents across our sites.” - Luis Wong, Chief Technology Officer, Imperial County Office of Education
Enabling Lockdown with the Schlage AD Series
Schlage AD Series
(AD 300, AD 400, PIM 400-485) integration enables
capability, so organizations can quickly secure pre-designated doors while still allowing first responders access. In seconds, lockdowns can be initiated from any mobile device via the Verkada Pass app, or any web browser through the Command platform. Organizations such as schools can support their emergency response strategies with:
- Centralized Lockdown Capability: Users can initiate a lockdown in just a few clicks from any computer via Command, or any mobile device via the Verkada Pass app.
- Granular User Provisioning: Provision specific users with rights to activate and release a lockdown.
- Custom Scenarios: Create a range of lockdown scenarios to handle different situations. This can include managing scenarios for different floors, locations, or event types (such as an active threat or a shelter-in-place).
- Third-Party Integrations: Add third-party devices, such as physical panic buttons and dialers, to trigger and assist in lockdown scenarios.
“By bringing more doors into Verkada’s integrated platform, we can respond faster and give first responders the access they need to keep our students safe in an emergency. I can initiate a lockdown from my phone or computer, share a video feed or floor plan with police, and create safe zones within the school where we can monitor the incident as it is happening.” – Meredith Essalat, Head of School,
Mission Dolores Academy
Getting Started with Schlage Locks
- Set up doors: Connect doors secured by locks to the same Access Control Unit.
- Configure in minutes: Bring doors online in minutes through Command.
- Manage centrally from Command: Manage all doors and ACUs in Schlage mode from Command.
To learn more about the Schlage lock integration, contact
To see how Schlage locks fit into the rest of Verkada's cloud-based access control system, visit