Help Rethink Physical Safety with Us
What We’re Building
Our first mature cameras entered the enterprise market less than two years ago—and struck a chord. Today our cameras record more video each day than gets uploaded to YouTube.See the live product
Learn How We Work
Meet Grace WangVerkada Software EngineerRead story
Customer-Focused CollaborationHow Verkada’s Hardware and Software Teams Work TogetherRead story
Security at ScaleVerkada’s Early Team Members Explain the Vision that Launched the Company — and Where They’re Going NextRead story
Modern, Physical SecurityVerkada delivers enterprise security built for today's world of connected devices.Read story
Meet the Folks You’ll Sit Next to
We are engineers, machine learning experts, security
veterans, and experienced founders—and the most
collaborative sales team you've ever met. In Verkada we see
a chance to make a real impact. Find us on LinkedIn
and elsewhere—and don't hesitate to connect.
Are we already connected?
Benefits & Perks
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing of our employees and their families.
Take the time you need to recharge now to do great work, long-term.
Includes monthly transit passes, parking costs and work travel expenses.
Catered lunch and dinner every day, as well as a fully-stocked kitchen with cold brew and kombucha on tap.
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents. Employee premiums are covered at 100%.
Receive fitness pass reimbursements and extended mental health coverage.
Happy hours, quarterly outings, and cross-functional team lunches.
Say Hi to a Recruiter
Drew OzanneHello! I’m focused on all things software engineering.
Nadia DizajiHi! I'm the one to chat with about anything related to Sales.
Taylor SpencerNew grad or intern looking to join our engineering team? Say hi!
Job Candidate FAQ
- Are work hours flexible and/or can I work remote?Big decisions get made by team members working face-to-face at the office. If you're not here, at some point you'll start missing out. Our team members come from a wide range of backgrounds and, frankly, we wouldn't be human if we didn't have responsibilities outside of work. The majority of us have taken remote days when needed and sometimes we start the day later and end later, or vice versa. It’s an understanding between you and your manager and communication on this is key in maintaining great team chemistry.
- The product looks mature to me. How much impact can I really have at this point?You can have a tremendous amount of impact at Verkada—and we'll push you to. Our engineering team is 25 people as of August 2019. We work with a wide range of software and hardware technologies, so most facets of our product are managed by teams of just 2–3 people. For a zillion reasons we're excited to—and must—grow our team. If you join us at any point in the next two years, you'll be building the foundation of the business.
- How much mentorship will I receive? Will I be expected to mentor others?Our work culture is highly collaborative. Whether your role is technical, or sales-focused, or focused elsewhere, it's safe to assume that your questions will be answered quickly—and that you'll be asked a lot of questions, too. Beyond social norms, we're in the early stages of rolling out a formal mentorship program. Our goal is to create a fantastic environment for self-starters to begin their careers, and for people with more experience to step into a larger role for the first time.
- I have ethical issues with surveillance. How do I know that Verkada won't turn into The Man?We're not blind to history. The ability to surveil is ripe for abuse. But security cameras, like all technologies, are designed, built, used, and regulated by people. On this topic, actions are louder than words, so here are some examples of how we're taking our responsibility seriously: Our camera feeds use end-to-end encryption, an industry first; we're building tools that log data access and create audit trails, so accountability is baked into the core of the product; and we're building view modes that mask faces and identities to control access to sensitive information. Much more to come.
- Job security is important to me—and I know startups are risky. What risks does Verkada face?You're right—startups aren't cakewalks. On the positive side, we have clear product/market fit, our year-over-year sales growth is well over 100%, and we're backed by a group of reputable and enthusiastic investors. On the other hand, the economy will enter recession eventually and, like all growing industries, ours will face increased regulation over time. ...But we’re speculating here. In truth, we have a ton of momentum.
We’re Not the Only Believers
We're proud to be funded by a storied group of venture capital firms, and supported by partners who have our back. If we share a mutual connection, don't hesitate to seek a reference for our founding team.