LAST UPDATED: FEBRUARY 26, 2021
At Verkada, we take your privacy seriously. We are passionate about developing products that enhance the security and privacy of organizations and individuals. We believe that well-built, user-friendly systems make it easier to manage and secure physical environments in ways that respect the privacy of individuals while simultaneously keeping them safe.
Our Pledge on Privacy
We are transparent about the different types of information we collect and how we use them. We do not share your personal information with third parties without your knowledge or consent.
Specifically, Verkada will:
- Be clear with individuals when collecting personal information via the site;
- Incorporate privacy-by-design principles into our development of the Products;
- Use industry-standard best practices and data security tools to keep your data safe and protect the Products from unauthorized access; and
- Provide customers and administrators with information to help them understand how their use of the Products may include the processing of personal information.
Verkada will not:
- Sell personal information to third parties;
- Use personal information for any purpose other than the one for which it was captured without explicit consent;
- Use or access customer data for any purpose other than developing, maintaining, and enhancing the Products and providing them to the customer; or
- Share customer data across different customer environments.
In addition to the details of the policy below, for more information about our Products, how they are designed and manufactured, how our system is performing in real time, and how we safeguard your information, please visit this link: https://www.verkada.com/trust/.
Marketing Information We Collect
We may collect marketing related information that you provide to us or from third party sources, which may include Personal Information, including:
- Your contact information (such as name, address, email address, phone number) and browser-related information (such as IP address and browser type);
- Information you send to us; and
- Any other information you provide to us during a phone call with a Verkada representative or during webinars.
We use your information to inform you about our Products, services and offers, and to send you marketing and promotional emails (including via mailing lists) and to process orders.
We may send you emails from time-to-time with information that we believe may be of interest to you, including news and offers about our products and services or those of our chosen partners. Examples include our blog, newsletter, and co-marketing efforts with our reseller partners. We may use your email address to communicate with you about orders you have placed or inquiries you have made about our products and services.
Information We Collect Through the Site & Command
We may collect the following types of information and Personal Information through the Site and your Command account:
- Analytics information about your use of and activity of the Site or within Command (i.e., automatically collected through the Site, such as the website from which visitors came, Site visitors' IP address, browser type and other information relating to the device through which they access the Site or Command);
- Your Command account authentication information (e.g., email, password);
- Personal Information contained in legal agreements (such as invoices and orders);
- Personal Information included in any job inquiry when you respond to a Verkada job listing, including by emailing us; and
- Personal Information shared with Verkada as part of technical support services that we provide to customers, including account and Product configuration information, usage data, and/or other similar information.
We use this information to:
- Provide the Site, including its related offerings, services, and programs, and to improve the Site and Command by better understanding how users access and use the Site and Command and to customize their experience;
- Authenticate Command users;
- Process Product orders;
- Effectuate or enforce a transaction or agreement;
- Respond to requests or inquiries including for customer service or job listings; and
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for users of the Site and Command.
For more information about Command, please visit this link: https://www.verkada.com/command/
Information Collected Through the Products
Some information is processed and stored directly on the hardware Product. However, we collect the following types of Personal Information from and through certain of the Products as part of their routine functioning and/or in connection with enhanced features enabled by the customer:
Security Cameras:- Video, images, and audio recordings;
- “People Analytics” information which includes the facial features and physical attributes of people that appear in video footage captured by a Verkada camera Product. Our Product features (e.g., Person History, Face Search and Vehicle History) allow customers to gather, search, and organize People Analytics information.
- For more information about how to use People Analytics, please visit: [https://help.verkada.com/en/articles/3207895-people-analytics](https://help.verkada.com/en/articles/3207895-people-analytics)
Access Control:- Data about individuals using the access control devices (e.g. profile image, start/end date, badge ID, employee ID, etc.), associated access group(s), access level(s), and historical event information; and
- Door usage data, including list of door events and entry/exit actions by individual user.
- For more information about Access Control, please click this link: [https://docs.verkada.com/docs/access-control-datasheet.pdf](https://docs.verkada.com/docs/access-control-datasheet.pdf)
Sensors:- No personally identifiable information is captured
- For more information about Sensors, please click this link: [https://www.verkada.com/sensors/sv11/](/sensors/sv11/)
We use information collected from the Products to:
- Authenticate users;
- Provide the Products to customers and to improve them;
- Send you alerts (e.g., motion notifications, tamper alerts, etc.) generated by your Products;
- Respond to requests or inquiries, and for similar, customer service-related purposes;
- For more information about our Products from our Knowledgebase, please visit this link: https://help.verkada.com/
Third Party Sharing and Disclosure of Information and Personal Information
We may share and/or disclose the information and Personal Information you provide to us to third parties:
- In connection with the process of fulfilling orders, providing, or performing functions on our behalf (e.g., such as third-party service providers, contractors, payment processors, banks, and collection agencies);
- To provide and enhance our Products and services;
- For marketing, advertising, research, or other reasonable business purposes, in aggregated or non-personally identifying forms;
- In order for the third parties to provide you information relating to our Products or services that we believe you may find of interest;
- In response to a subpoena or other legal process by a governmental entity or third party, or if otherwise required by law;
- In connection with a dispute to protect or enforce our rights; and
- In the event of the merger or acquisition of Verkada, the sale of any of our assets to a third party, or the voluntary or involuntary dissolution (bankruptcy) of our business.
How Do I Delete My Personal Information?
We may share and/or disclose the information and Personal Information you provide to us to third parties:
- From Your Command Account: Please contact Verkada Support at [email protected] if you have questions regarding how to delete your account or information associated with it. If you choose to delete your Organization within Command, then all the data associated with your organization’s Verkada account is likewise deleted, including any stored image thumbnails or archived video footage. You can access, amend, or delete your information, including Personal Information, through your Command account. We may retain certain data for a longer period of time if we are required to do so for legal reasons. Refer to each Product’s specific website for more information about device specific retention and deletion periods.
- From the Products: Customers can delete all information stored on a hardware Product by means of functionality within the Command interface. If you are an individual whose information may have been collected by the Products in use by one of our customers, please contact the operator of the Verkada system to request deletion of such Personal Information.
- From Our Marketing Database. All outbound marketing emails contain unsubscribe links that you can use to opt-out of receiving such communications. Or you can contact us at [email protected] to request deletion of any personal information of yours that we have on file.
Cookies, Beacons and Analytics
When you interact with the Site and with Command, we strive to make your experience easy and meaningful. Our Site and Command use technology, or those of third-party service providers, such as cookies, web beacons (clear GIFs) and similar technologies to track user activity and collect site data. We may combine this data with the Personal Information we have collected from you.
As noted, we may also engage third parties to track and analyze Site activity on our behalf. To do so, these third parties may place cookies or web beacons to track user activity on our Site. We use the data collected by such third parties to administer and improve the quality of the Site, analyze usage of the Site, and provide a more enhanced user experience on the Site, such as personalizing and delivering relevant offers and content based on user activity on the Site. We do not provide these third parties with your Personal Information.
International Users & GDPR
Children and Minors
The Site and Products are not directed to individuals under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect information from anyone under 18. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at [email protected]. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information as soon as possible.
While we strive for error free performance, we cannot always catch an unintended privacy issue. As a result, we encourage your questions and comments about any privacy concerns. Please direct them to [email protected].