Trust Doesn't Just Happen - It's Earned
Here you'll find up to date information on how we safeguard your information, where our products
are designed and manufactured, and how our system is performing in real time.
Questions? Feel free to contact our team at [email protected]
We Work Hard to Protect Your Privacy
Verkada staff are permitted to view system details and use customers' cameras in product demonstrations. Customers must opt-in to Open mode.
No third parties can access or view video. Authorized Verkada staff are permitted to access and view system information only for the purpose of troubleshooting and software development.
No one at Verkada and no third parties can access the video. Authorized Verkada technical staff are permitted to access and view system details only with prior written or verbal consent from the customer, exclusively for purpose of troubleshooting.
Verkada software engineering teams are based in the San Mateo, California. Our teams have full control over the software development lifecycle, and no component or service is written or introduced without thoroughly vetting it for performance, reliability and security.
Verkada hardware is made in Taiwan to our specifications by our highly trustworthy manufacturer partners, who themselves have in place strong compliance guidelines on privacy and cybersecurity. We control 100% of the software (firmware) that is loaded on to the device and have incorporated 256-bit SHA2 HMAC cryptographic integrity checking to ensure that only authentic and authorized software is uploaded to the camera system.
All of the hosted services that Verkada cameras use run on servers we control based in the USA.
- Firmware: USA 100%
- Hosted Services: Amazon Web Services*
- Hardware: Trusted partners in Taiwan
- Engineering Employees: 100% U.S.-based
* If you require another cloud-hosting provider, or require non-U.S. data center support, please speak with a Verkada sales team member
Verkada uses commercially reasonable efforts to deploy and uphold the following security best practices and standards:
- Customer cloud data is only accessible with Verkada-controlled access keys
- Production databases are firewalled to particular networks and require a username and password
- Access to internal services is limited to encrypted connections or VPN
- VPN access requires special keys, passphrases and/or passwords
- External servers have firewalls that limit access to specific ports