Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel today announced plans for a second round of grant funding for physical security improvements and mental health initiatives at schools statewide.
The announcement follows a previous round made available earlier this year as part of the state’s 2018 School Safety Grant Initiative. Under the initiative, Wisconsin is allocating $100 million to programs aimed at reducing school violence and improving school physical security.
If you think your school might apply, be sure to submit your “intent to apply” no later than August 15, 2018. Here are other important dates:
- Announcement: July 24, 2018
- Intent to Apply period opens: July 24, 2018
- Intent to Apply deadline: August 13, 2018
- Grant application period opens: August 15, 2018
- Grant application deadline: August 30, 2018
- Grants announced/awarded: October, 2018
Like with the first round of funding, grants will be allocated on a per-student formula. The minimum size of awarded grants will be $10,000; the maximum will be $2.5 million.
Visit the Wisconsin Department of Justice website for more info.