Physical security is becoming increasingly more important to the modern enterprise. Data from enterprise video security cameras, access control devices and environmental sensors are used not just by facilities and IT, but are essential data streams to manage business operations.
Today, we’re excited to introduce our new API that allows businesses to integrate Verkada event and device information into other mission-critical systems for identity management and authentication, service management, and incident response.
About Verkada’s API
Built on a set of RESTful APIs, the Verkada API can be easily integrated with existing tools, including launch partners like Okta, PagerDuty, Splunk, as well as many more SaaS-based solutions to drive essential physical security data into other platforms.
“Providing critical and timely information to our customers enables faster incident response and more efficient business operations,” said Steve Gross, Senior Director, Strategic Ecosystem Development at PagerDuty. “We're excited to be a launch partner with Verkada on their new API, delivering simplified workflows for both our customers while continuing to bring greater real-time visibility to the incidents that matter most.
The Verkada API can be used to address the following use cases:
- Integrate critical notifications into your SIEM platform of choice: Build customized workflows using insights to triage and resolve critical issues effectively and efficiently.
- Automate IT workflows around provisioning and status: Capture important information and data pertaining to the devices deployed across your organization.
- Integrate people and vehicle counts into retail analytics or facilities management platforms: See timestamps with associated person and vehicle counts for increased operational efficiency and marketing insights.
- Create, view, delete, and update Person of Interest: Track a continuously changing set of individuals, such as VIPs, customers with special needs, or past offenders.
- View an inventory of cameras and their details: Help manage inventory and use to determine camera IDs for use with people and vehicle counts API.
- Integrate with identity management platforms: Manage users and permissions across your organization using solutions like 2-factor authentication and single sign-on.
Our set of API’s can be viewed in our
. We also have established pre-built integrations with a number of leading providers, which can be found
Interested in Learning More?
The Verkada API platform and partner integrations are available to all customers. To learn more about this latest offering, please contact [email protected].
to view our press release.